CBD is an intriguing and yet often confusing product. The increasing popularity of CBD in the wellness industry has meant that there is an ever-increasing range of CBD products in the market to choose from. So how do you tell them apart? How do you know which CBD product is best suited for your needs? Before purchasing your NaturalWorks CBD product, let us get the basics out of the way by understanding what full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and CBD isolate mean.
What is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is a natural compound from the cannabis plant. The cannabis plant is rich in cannabinoids that have been found to have the ability to support general health and wellbeing.
For some people, the word cannabis conjures up images of hippies getting ‘high’. One of the main cannabinoids found in cannabis is THC. THC is psychoactive and is responsible for the “high” effect of cannabis. NaturalWorks CBD is not psychoactive and will therefore not cause intoxication.
Hemp Extracts Vs Marijuana Extracts
There are different strains of the cannabis plant. CBD products will vary depending on the strain of cannabis from which they are extracted. CBD extracted from hemp, which is a variation of cannabis, will have minute levels of THC. On the other hand, a marijuana variety will have a higher composition of the psychoactive THC cannabinoid. For this reason, CBD products from hemp strains offers a better profile in terms of benefits it offers.
What is Full-Spectrum CBD?
Full-spectrum CBD or hemp oil generally refers to CBD products containing the full range of plant extracts from the Cannabis plant. The cannabis plant contains different natural compounds including cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes. Full-spectrum CBD undergoes minimal refinement, and all the natural compounds are left intact in the end product.
Why should you opt for full-spectrum CBD?
- Since the full-spectrum CBD products have many different cannabinoids and terpenes, they have a wider application in terms of health than products where some of the extracts have been removed to leave CBD only.
- Research has shown that when cannabinoids and terpenes work together, they have complementary effects on each other creating a synergistic effect that boosts the effectiveness of full-spectrum CBD products.
- Full-spectrum CBD is the least refined form of CBD hence the most natural or organic option.
Cons of Full spectrum CBD
- The THC content in full spectrum means that spectrum CBD can show up in drug testing.
- The natural flavour of hemp may be too harsh for some people.
What Is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolates are 99% cannabinoid and do not contain any of the other natural compounds found in the cannabis plant. Due to the isolation process, CBD Isolates have only one active ingredient which is CBD. CBD isolates do not contain any terpenes.
CBD isolate is often mixed with a carrier oil or placed in capsules. They are also used to make edible products such as CBD lattes or gummies.
Why Should you Choose CBD Isolate?
- CBD isolate is effective in delivering high doses of CBD to the user and are therefore recommended for people looking to get a product with a high concentration of CBD.
- With CBD isolate, you can tell the exact amount of CBD you are getting since it is not mixed with other products.
- CBD isolate has a mild flavour profile making them ideal for people who find the taste of hemp extract too harsh.
- CBD isolate also makes a great ingredient for CBD edibles and other products since they are mild enough in terms of flavour to blend well with other ingredients.
Cons of CBD Isolate
- It does not offer all the benefits of natural cannabis extracts since compounds such as terpenes and flavonoids have been removed.
What Is Broad Spectrum CBD?
Broad-spectrum CBD is the middle ground between CBD Isolates and full spectrum CBD. If you are looking for a cannabis extract that has all the natural compounds apart from THC then broad-spectrum CBD products are ideal for you.
Why should you Choose Broad Spectrum CBD?
- If you are THC sensitive.
- If you want to a broader spectrum of benefits than CBD alone can provide.
- If THC is illegal in your area.
Ultimately the best NaturalWorks CBD product for you will depend on your individual needs and the benefits you seek to gain from the CBD products. Whichever product you opt for, CBD will help you to support and maintain your general health and wellbeing. Please consult with your physician before starting any new type of supplementation or medication.